Saturday, March 8, 2014

I'm In A Band!

I'm in a band! I love my band so much. We get to meet once a week on Tuesdays and play with instruments, listen to music, read books, play with other little people, and lots of other fun things. It's so much fun and I'm so glad Mommy and Daddy signed me up for band!

Daddy's calls it my band, but it's really a class called Kindermusik. Kindermusik is a program that offers developmentally-specific music classes for kids from newborn to age seven. Mommy first heard about Kindermusik quite a few years ago from a friend at church who used to teach Kindermusik. Mommy thought that would be fun to do with her kids someday. Well, she had me and remembered Kindermusik, rearched it, and found someone in Springfield who taught it. And it's neat because my teacher is the mother-in-law to one of Mommy's friends from church and they are going to it with their little boy, Charlie. And my teacher, Miss Ellen, lives like five minutes from my house!

It's pretty fun. We go each Tuesday from 6-6:45pm and always start off with singing a song. We say hello to each student in the class in our song. Then we'll play with different instruments like drums, bells, shakers, lots of fun things. Last week we got to play with bubbles! That was pretty neat. It's a fun time to play with new toys and play with my new friends, too. My teacher is really nice and even takes pictures of us each week. You can see the pictures here.

My favorite week was probably when I got to ride in a laundry basket with my friend, Charlie. It was so much fun! He's a lot younger than me. He's only 3 months old so I don't think he knew what was going on at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment