Monday, October 2, 2023

Kindergarten Buddies

One part about 5th grade that I was really looking forward to is being a buddy to a kindergartener! I remember when I was in kindergarten I had a 5th grade buddy named Ainsley and I really liked her! Now I'm in 5th grade and I have two kindergarten buddies named Lana and Bea. We go into their room once a week on Thursdays and help them with different things. It's really fun and I love meeting with my two buddies. We will help them with different craft items or sometimes read books to them. It's so much fun! My buddy, Lana, is really tiny! We actually met her mom at Open House and found out that Lana is so tiny because she has a brain tumor behind her right eye. This was discovered when she was only 6 months old and she has been going through treatment for it ever since. The tumor has caused her to be blind in her right eye and has stunted her growth. Hearing that made me all the more happy to be paired with her! I plan on being the best buddy I can be to them!  








No comments:

Post a Comment