Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Making Cookies!

I got to stay with Gumma and Poppy one night last week because my Mommy had to go to the doctor and I can't go with her. Gumma has a book that I really like to read called "Mouse Cookie." It's about a mouse who bakes cookies for all of his friends. I like to pretend to eat cookies while we read the book.

Gumma thought it would be fun for us to bake cookies together, so we did! Well, she probably did most of the work, but I did help a little. She said we made "cookie cutter cookies" which are just sugar cookies that you cut shapes out of with cookie cutters. Gumma said she used to make these all the time with Mommy and Aunt Stephanie when they were growing up.

Gumma mixed everything up and I watched. She rolled out the dough and then I got to press the cookie cutters into the dough. It was fun and pretty easy. When the cookies were baked we got to frost them, but Gumma did that while I was taking a nap because when I got up there were lots of pretty heart cookies with frosting on them.

It was so much fun and I like to randomly tell Mommy about how Gumma made cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment