Friday, May 17, 2013

2 Weeks and a Doctor Appointment

I'm 2 1/2 weeks old now and had my two-week doctor appointment this week. It went well, but I'm now taking some medicine. Mommy and Daddy and the doctor think I have reflux so they're giving me Zantac to help fix it. I don't like the Zantac! It tastes nasty and I usually spit it out. I don't think Mommy and Daddy like that much.

I now weigh 8 pounds and 12 ounces. I weighed 8 pounds and 1 ounce when I was born. I like to eat! They said I am 21 1/2" long, but when I was born they told me I was 22 1/2" long! I guess they measured wrong when I was born. Oh well! I'm in the 50-75 percentile for my weight and head circumference and 90 percentile for my length. The doctor looked me all over and I'm okay. My hip is a little loose in its socket so I'm going to have an ultrasound to look at that further. I'm also going to meet with an Ear Nose and Throat doctor to look at my frenulum. I might have to get it clipped. I sure hope that doesn't hurt!

I'm starting to be awake more during the day, but I do still like to sleep! My Mommy feeds me about every three hours and most of the time has to wake me up to feed me. It's hard to wake up to eat! Overnight I can go longer between the times I eat. That's nice to sleep a little more!

So far my 2 1/2 weeks here have been pretty good. Mommy and Daddy sure do love me and I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment